Sunday, August 12, 2007

Phil's Specification

It seems the previous owner had limited knowledge about the technical specifications for the car here is what I know so far and this information will certainly change has I tinker with the car:

  • Engine is a Ford 2.0 L EAO Pinto engine which has been modified with a custom turbo. According to the previous owner(s) this engine would develop approximately 265 bhp. I personally think with the current tune state of the engine that 200 bhp is more a conservative figure, but I. After breaking open the oil pan (more to come) I did find that the crank shaft was balanced so hope of a high reving engine is possible.




  • The Bantam's powertrain and frontend was borrowed by the 70'S Pinto and Mustang II. My car runs an 8 inch differential with very high ratio what seems to be above 4.11:1 and some type of LSD mated to 4 speed manual transmission. According to a pinto site the ratios are 1st = 3.65, 2nd = 1.97, 3rd = 1.37, 4th = 1.00, Reverse = 3.66 (Do we need the reverseratio?, this car is made to go forward).
  • Ignition seems to be a Ford Dura Spark with a mechanical and vacumm advance distributor. A Carter knock control sensor was fitted to the car but removed by the previous owner for an unknown reason. I am still investigating if I need this back on the car with the boost pressure I am running (a very low 8 PSIG).
  • More to come

1 comment:

MIKE said...

I OWN A 82 BERNARDI WHICH I MADE A LOT OF CHANGES INCLUDING SUCIDE DOORS STAINLESS STEEL ,GRILL TEMPERDED GLASS SIDE CURTINS TO MANY THINGS TO MENTION IF YOU WANT CONTACT ME EMAIL ROOTRIVERAUTOBODY@SBCGLOBAL.NET ATT MIKE PAUL FRANKLIN WISCONSIN